Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Laura's Back and Meet Melinda!

 You've met Laura a couple of times before.  On Friday, Laura wore this 1950s dress she purchased from Couture Allure in honor of the Royal Wedding.  With it, she wore a vintage hat and a pretty brooch by Weiss.  She told me her outfit got rave reviews at the office!

1950s navy pleated dress from Couture Allure.  The nice thing about this dress is it came with a matching jacket, which Laura can wear with it or with other things in her closet.

 Meet Melinda!  She bought this 1960s black silk jacquard dress from Couture Allure and wore it to a wedding this past weekend.  Doesn't she look great?  Melinda says, "For me, the secret of wearing vintage is to combine it with very modern pieces to contrast.  While I think young girls can pull off a head-to-toe vintage look, I'm 36, and on me I think head-to-toe vintage is aging.  (And also looks like I'm going to a costume party!)  So when I wear vintage, I make sure my hairstyle, shoes, purse, and jewelry are very modern and definitely not vintage."





Melinda also bought this fabulous 1960s silk dress and coat set from Couture Allure.  She wore it on Easter Sunday with bright pink peep-toe shoes that were a perfect choice!  Melinda looks just as pretty as the flower garden she stands in.  Thank you Melinda!