Monday, May 03, 2010

Candice Bergen, Model - 1969

Now that many of my favorite TV shows have ended for the summer, I've been taping reruns of "Boston Legal" in order to enjoy one of my all-time favorite actresses, Candice Bergen. Imagine my delight to be flipping through a 1969 issue of Vogue the other day, and finding these photos of her. Vogue called her "one of the brightest stars in orbit". At age 64, I think she still is, don't you?


Tina Leser silk tunic and pants with jeweled borders. These tiny braids were all the rage in 1969. I remember buying a couple to wear in my hair. They were lots of fun.

Geoffrey Beene maxi dress with a brown dotted organza bodice above a white taffeta skirt trimmed with brown and white ostrich feathers.

Candice at her best in a white silk crepe midriff blouse and wide legged wrap pants by Stavropoulos.

Neal-McClintock white crepe evening dress with beaded collar and cuffs. Christian Dior shoes.