Friday, July 25, 2008

Air Conditioning - or Baby! It's Cold Inside!



Air conditioning - ahhhh. In my opinion, it's one of the 20th century's greatest inventions, but only when I control the thermostat. Here in Boston, we've been dealing with hot weather and unusually high humidity the last couple of weeks. I hate hot and humid almost more than the below-freezing artic winds we get in February and March. As long as my AC is set to 75 degrees, I'm happy.

But try going out to a restaurant or to the movies! I swear, corporate and retail America has no concern for the environment with thermostats set at what feels like 65 degrees. I have to carry a sweater or hoodie with me whenever I go out. It makes no sense!



That's why this 1950's dress is just so perfect. Made of lightweight rayon that has the look and texture of linen, it will be cool and comfortable out in the heat. And it comes with a cute matching jacket to throw on when you go indoors, so your shoulders don't turn into ice cubes.

See this dress and more at Couture Allure Vintage Fashion.