Thursday, May 01, 2008

eVintage Blog Tag - Prints Charming

I've been tagged by Carol over at The Vintage Bulliten. This week's blog tag is all about prints. Fashion magazines are predicting that prints will be hot for summer…large florals, bold brushstrokes, graphic designs.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PRINT OFFERED IN YOUR INVENTORY?

I am seriously in love with the print on this 1960's Leonard Arkin dress with matching coat.

WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF NOVELTY PRINT?

Cute and unexpected - a print that gets noticed and commented on.

MOST AMAZING NOVELTY PRINT YOU’VE EVER SEEN?

I had this fabulous 1940's rayon dress with a print of Buddhas once. Sadly, it sold long ago and I can't find the pictures.

SIZE MATTERS….WHEN WEARING PRINTS, DO YOU PREFER BIG OR SMALL?

I'm short, so large prints tend to overwhelm me. Put I also dislike dainty prints, so I'd have to go somewhere in the middle.

COLOR OR BLACK AND WHITE?

Give me some color please. Even when I do wear black, I have to add a pop of color.

WHAT DESIGNER DOES YOUR FAVORITE PRINTS?

I love the prints of Leonard and Mr. Dino from the 60's. But my favorite prints are found on Darlene cashmere sweaters. Her florals are always beautiful.

On to Vintage Joy for some more vintage prints!